Deciding to add to your family through adoption is a commitment unlike any other — and it can present some real challenges, both before and after the adoption is final. Some adopted children have needs that require specialized services and skills but don’t become apparent until after the adoption. Often when families reach out for help, they are in crisis mode and don’t know how to re-stabilize their family.
This is where post-adoption services can help! Simply complete the form below. The adoption consultant in the region where you live will complete a referral for a comprehensive assessment to identify the strengths and needs of your child and family.
Even in the healthiest of families, adjusting to a significant change like adoption can be a long process. DCS and its service providers work to provide strengths-based, family-centered services that promote family stability and allow for consistent progress toward actionable goals. Don’t wait until your family is at a point of crisis to contact your adoption consultant about initiating post-adoption services.
Virtual Support Groups
Virtual support groups for adoptive parents are available. Please email the appropriate contact below if you would like to participate in one of the groups. Unless otherwise noted, topics will vary.
Region 6: The Villages, Gayle Podowski
- Monday, July 20: 6:30 – 8:00 pm
- Monday, August 17: 2:00 – 3:30 pm
- Monday, September 21: 6:30 – 8:00 pm
- Monday, October 19: 2:00 – 3:30 pm
Region 10: Children’s Bureau, Nancy Fisher
All Children’s Bureau support groups will use the following GoTo Meeting link:
- Adopted Pre-Teen Support Group: Every other Tuesday, 5:00 pm
- Adopted Teen Support Group: 2nd and 4th Tuesday of each month, 3:00 pm
- Attachment-Focused Parenting: Alternating Thursdays beginning 7/16, 8:00 pm
- Parents of Aggressive Children: 1st and 3rd Tuesday of each month, 6:00 pm
- Parents of Teens: 3rd Wednesday of each month, 7:00 pm
- Book Discussion: 3rd Thursday of each month, 6:00 pm, beginning in August
- Topical Group: 4th Tuesday of each month, 10:00 am
- Topical Group: Every Friday, 1:00 pm, beginning in August